Workout For Glutes And Lower Body
The glutes and lower body are mild terms for the butt and legs. These muscle complexes are the largest in the human body and the focus of most people’s training. It is proven that this region of the body when fit, is the most attractive. The glutes and lower body are full of muscles used in everyday activities, so their training and firming is relatively simple.
People who are stationary often let these muscle groups sit idle. With a few simple exercises, the glutes, legs, lower back and core can be stimulated to retain their strength and shape. Maintaining strong glutes and lower body muscles doesn’t require squatting Olympic weights, or lunging until a person is nauseous. These muscles are miraculously-designed for specific workloads. Simple at-home exercises performed on a regular basis can help them remain strong and shapely.
Glutes and lower body muscles are utilized when the upper body remains upright and the legs are moved in a variety of ways. Leg movements which involve multiple joints will engage the glutes better. This means that movement with both hip and knee involvement will result in much better tone than simple stepping and standing alone. Here is a sample workout that with naturally enhance, lift, and tighten the large muscles of the buttocks and lower body.
Using only body weight, take large steps with each leg to the front, back, side, and in several diagonal lines from the center of balance. With each step, a lowering and pressing motion should be made involving another leg joint like the knee or ankle. This is known as a compound movement. Returning the body to its upright position will engaging large portions of the muscles in the lower body. Turning these step into power steps is even better. Power steps are achieved when all muscles in the lower body including the buttocks, hamstrings, calves, quadriceps and lower back are tightened to assist in the pressing motion.
Since the objective of firming a toning glutes and legs is to maintain a desired body shape, all squat, lunge, and stepping motions should be performed with a few key things in mind. Remember, glute and lower body muscle toning is achieved through the symbiotic relationship of several muscles working together in concert. These large, and aesthetically important muscle groups not only help the body work harder, but they are stimulated in specific ways.
Whether performing body weight exercises for toning and shape, or using aides like inflated balls and weights, keep these lower body principles in mind. While training the lower body and glutes always try to:
– press out of each motion with the heel of the feet
– keep the lower back in an arched, power position
– engaged all lower body muscles even if they are not directly involved in the motion
– exhale with each pushing motion
– never work against pain in the hip or knee joints (adjust feet positions instead)
– visualize a strong and shapely figure while performing exercises
There are other things to keep in mind while performing workouts directed to the lower body. These hints will make every toning workout more enjoyable and successful.
– Wear comfortable and supportive footwear, along with cool and stretchy body wear
– Stretch all lower body parts before engaging them in exercises
– Combine a lower body exercise regimen with a healthy nutrition program for accelerated results
– Never work the buttocks or lower body through an injury without professional supervision.